We are happy to announce that our second short-term mentoring group, exclusively for Society of Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy members, will be starting in May. Our next mentor is Dr. Joseph Powers.
About Dr. Powers
Dr. Powers, Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, is presently the Director of Group Psychotherapy at McLean Hospital, a position that he has held since 2001 when the hospital called upon him to develop the infra-structure for eight inpatient group programs and several residential and partial programs. As part of that process, he leads an Excellent Group Training Program four times a year, 16 hours a module, for leadership skill development in hospital-based group programs, as well as selective group training on inpatient units for residents and interns. Dr. Powers has led many inpatient and partial hospital groups with multiple diagnostic issues, as well as long term therapy groups in his private practice. Please read his attached bio for a more detailed description of Dr. Powers (including his serving as a consultant for a hurling team in Ireland to help improve communication and teamwork).
Details of the Group
1. The group will meet for 6 sessions for one hour each [note the different times due to scheduling constraints]: Wednesday, May 4th at 2 pm (EDT), Wednesday May 18th at 11 am (EDT) , Wednesday, June 1st at 2 pm (EDT), Wednesday, June 15th at 2 pm (EDT), Wednesday, June 29th at 11 am (EDT), Wednesday, July 13 at 11 am (EDT).
2. You must be able to attend at least 5 of the 6 mentoring sessions.
3. We will be using video conferencing technology. You need broadband wired or wireless internet, webcam, and speakers/microphone (if not built into the webcam). Technological support will be offered during the sessions.
4. A group of mentees will be selected from the first responses back to us (email us at email@example.com).
5. Only Division 49 members are eligible. If you want to become a member, go to:http://memforms.apa.org/apa/cli/divapp/?_ga=1.175616994.1752679076.1461178842
6. Topics for discussion will grow out of the interests of the mentees and a needs assessment conducted by Dr. Powers.
If you have any questions, please contact Membership Chair, Dr. Leann Diederich (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Categories: Other Information