Chair: Jeanne Steffen, Ph.D.
Person Submitting Report: Jeanne Steffen
Members of Committee:
|Eric Chen||Lee Gillis|
|Maria Riva||Jennilee Fuertes|
|Cheri Marmarosh||Keri Frantell|
|Joe Miles||Carol Cho|
Brief Summary of Activities Undertaken:
Our activities since the October 2015 report have included:
- Re-established diversity committee members and recruited new members to the committee. Returning members are: Eric Chen, Maria Riva, Cheri Marmarosh, Joe Miles, Lee Gillis, Jennilee Fuertes, and Jeanne Steffen. New members are Keri Frantell and Carol Cho.
- Reviewed goals discussed at APA in August, identified related objectives, and created action items. Current goals are: 1) to recruit new members to our division, with a focus on student and early career psychologists; 2) create a student diversity award; 3) provide opportunities for multicultural competency development through suite programming at APA in Denver; 4) seek nominations and select a Diversity Award recipient for 2016.
Items Needing to be Discussed:
Items Needing Action:
- Call for Diversity Award nominations: Jeanne and Lee forwarded nomination requests to be posted to APAEMACNETWORK and Division websites. Nominations are due Feb. 20.
- Committee Diversity Award nominations: Maria is working on two nominations from the committee. Due Feb 20.
- Suite Programming: Eric and Carol are working on putting together Division 49 suite programming to draw in new student members to our division and address goals related to education/building multicultural competency in our members/APA.
- Student Diversity award: Joe and Keri are working on a request to create a student diversity award.
We plan to review diversity award nominations the last week of February. All additional action items will be reviewed by March 15.
Recommendations, if any:
Categories: Committee Reports