New Award: Teaching of Group Dynamics Award
This award is granted to a teaching professional (post-graduate) who has demonstrated excellence in the area of the teaching of the psychology of group or group psychotherapy at the undergraduate or graduate level. We are looking for individuals who have developed and implemented a particularly innovative and/or effective teaching approach related to the teaching of group dynamics. All who are members of Division 49 (or whose application for membership is currently pending) are eligible. Nominations may come from self or others. The award will be presented at the annual conference of the American Psychological Association. A $1,000.00 cash award and plaque will be presented to the award winner. The awardee will also have a chance to present her or his work related to teaching group dynamics to a national audience. Applicants are encouraged to submit the following materials on order to be considered for this award:
- Written description (no more than 2 pages) of a specific exercise, assignment, or teaching strategy that highlights your qualifications for this award
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. informal and/or formal teaching evaluations; other data gathered from students; peer evaluations, etc.) (maximum 5 pages)
- Copy of current CV
- A letter from a psychologist (or other qualified colleague) who can speak to the qualifications of the nominee in light of the award criteria
- Cover sheet that includes:
- Nominee’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Name and type of teaching institution (e.g., doctoral program, master’s program, 4-year college) and discipline (e.g. counseling psychology, social psychology, clinical psychology, etc.)
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Name and address of who should be informed if the nominee wins the Group Dynamics Teaching Award (e.g., department head, supervisor, etc.)
- All materials should be submitted via a zipped/compressed folder in one email with the following subject line: [Candidate’s First and Last Name] – Application for Group Dynamics Teaching Award.
All submissions must be received by Feb. 15, 2016 to be considered. Send to: Dr. Robert Gleave at Robert_Gleave@byu.edu.