Division 49 has an exciting program planned for the 2015 APA Convention!
Where: Toronto, Canada
When: August 6 – 9, 2015
Below are some program highlights that you will not want to miss.
- The Division 49 Poster Session will be held in the exhibition halls at 1:00 PM on August 6th.
- Group Psychologist of the Year Award winner, Zipora Schechtman, will give a talk entitled, Lessons learned from research on outcomes and processes of children/adolescence group psychotherapy at 2:00 PM on August 6th.
- The Division is also starting a new tradition with a Fellows Address, featuring our newest Fellows, at 11:00 AM on August 7th.
- Dennis Kivlighan, will give his Presidential Address entitled, Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy: One Country With a Common Language or Two Feudal States? at 2:00 PM on August 7th, followed by the Division Business Meeting.
- At 1:00 PM on August 8th, Molyn Leszcz will give an Invited Address entitled, Achieving and Sustaining Group Therapist, followed by a conversation hour in the Division 49 Hospitality Suite.
- The Division 49 Early Career Task Force will also be hosting the annual Division Social Hour in the Hospitality Suite from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Saturday, August 8th. Join us for free food, drinks and prizes (e.g. Amazon gift cards and Fitbit!)
- We have four skill-building workshops and five symposia throughout the Convention that will each offer continuing education credits.
- The Division is also co-sponsoring five Collaborative Programs with other APA Divisions.
(Please be sure to check the official APA program or Convention app. for updates in the schedule)
The Hospitality Suite will be located in the Fairmont Royal York Hotel. Please see signage in the hotel for the specific room number.
Please remember, that if you are traveling to Canada from another country, including the United States, you will need a valid passport.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Toronto!
Jill Paquin, Ph.D. and Joe Miles, Ph.D.
Categories: Early Career Psychologists