APA Programming Committee
The Division 49 Convention Committee looks forward to seeing everyone at the upcoming APA Annual Convention in San Francisco on August 9-12, 2018. We have an exciting program with symposia, skill-building sessions, and a poster session with an emphasis on diversity planned for the convention. Additionally, this year’s convention program will feature the annual business meeting, presidential address, two Fellows’ addresses, and the presentation of the Arthur Teicher Group Psychologist of the Year (the names of the two Fellows and winner of the Arthur Teicher award are TBD). The Presidential Address will be given by Dr. Tasca, and is titled “Towards an Interdisciplinary Discipline of Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy.” Please see below for the titles of symposia, and skill-building sessions.
- Examining Interpersonal Psychotherapy within Cultural and Group Contexts
- Expanding Our Therapeutic Viewpoint: Binocular Vision and Group-As-A-Whole Work
- Group180: CBT-Informed Group Art Therapy for Anxiety Disorders in Adults
- Predictive Power of the ATES: Group Adventure Factor in Adventure Therapy
- Should I Stay or Should I Go: Preventing Dropout in Group Therapy
- The Nuts and Bolts of Creating and Maintaining Groups that Thrive
- In addition to the above Division 49 programming, members of our Division collaborated on a proposal which was accepted by APA’s Collaborative Programming Group, titled “Multicultural Orientation: Research, Training, Practice and Future Directions.”
Full descriptions of the sessions as well as the accepted posters will be available when the full convention program is finalized. Please look for upcoming emails from the Convention Program Chair with more details this summer!